Followers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dragon Lair Update

Feverishly preparing the Dragon for the show! Delivery is in a couple of days and work will now have to stop now that it is the Thanksgiving Holiday.

I was able to make the rib cage this week. I used cut pieces of construction styrofoam bound together by wire. I made each rib separately by twisting newspaper on to wire and the pasting it with wheat paste and layers of newspaper. I let the al dry, and attached each on to the vertebra with masking tape. Then I cut up and taped egg crates on for the vertebra . Everything was pasted with a combination of cloth and remnants of commercial paper towel. from there, I pasted on prices of burlap, let them dry on to get the shape, then tore them off to be painted. Last, I painted everything, dried, then stained black. Next is attaching to the front legs.

No comments: