Followers

Friday, December 6, 2013

Self Portrait Study

The painting below is m.  y self portrait in oil. Used a small mirror under the fluorescent lights of my classroom.  Difficult conditions to say the least! I'm happy with some aspects of the painting but I admit the drawing is off. Proportions are well off. The upper 2/3rd's of the face are not terrible, but the lower 1/3 is off. Probably due to the patheticically small and dirty mirror I have been using. I will retouch the painting later on when I have the time and rework it.
I'm using Gamblin paints for this. I just bought them and I'll have to admit they're expensive, but I love them!

In the below drawing  I am drawing myself again! This time it is in response to the what consider the bad drawing in the painting above. I am using conte crayon and charcoal for this. I contine to use the same little mirror and poor lighting. The result continues to be less than satisfying. 
The below drawing is the final, or most recent. 

No comments: